We are unashamedly a Church of England School and our Christian vision and values underpin all we do. We have strong links with Banks St Stephen's Church and Liverpool Diocese. However, we welcome ALL children to our school, of all faiths or none. There is no requirement/preference for parents/children applying to our school to attend Church or be christened. Places are allocated in the same way as any other Lancashire County Council community school.
Click link below for full information about applying for a school place at Banks St Stephen's.
RECEPTION PLACES FOR SEPTEMBER 2024
Please ring for an appointment if you wish to be shown round the school by Mr Allen the headteacher. Either ring Mrs Ousey or Mrs Tennant in the school office (01704 225332) or email Mr Allen directly: email@example.com.
Banks St Stephen's is a Voluntary Controlled (VC) Church of England Primary School.
There are around 2,000 VC schools, of which all but 20 are primary schools. VC schools are 'managed' by the local authority (LA) whilst maintaining their distinctive characteristics.
The key characteristics of a VC school are:
- The LA employs the staff, but they are appointed by the governors
- The LA is responsible for admissions arrangements.
- The LA can advise the governing body; the diocesan director of education (DDE) may be given the same opportunity to advise.
- RE taught is the LA agreed syllabus and worship reflects the Anglican tradition
- No one group of governors is in a majority. Church or Foundation governors are in a minority.
To see in more detail how children are accepted into school please click on link below: